Conference on corporate finance and financial markets
The Department of Economics and Finance organized The 2017 CityU of Hong Kong International Finance Conference on Corporate Finance and Financial Markets on 8th – 9th June.
A total of 14 speakers presented their latest research on areas such as bubble mechanisms, analyst incentives, and managerial quality of mutual funds, credit ratings, and risk preferences. The conference gathered scholars from world-renowned universities, including The University of Chicago, Stockholm School of Economics, University of British Columbia, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Michigan, and University of Southern California.
Dr Xueping Wu, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Finance, gave his welcoming remarks and opened the conference.
The session topics:
- Family Descent as a Signal of Managerial Quality: Evidence from Mutual Funds
- What Are the Determinants of Board Committees?
- Evidence about Bubble Mechanisms: Precipitating Event, Feedback Trading, and Social Contagion
- Media Attention, Macroeconomic Fundamentals, and the Stock Market
- The Job Rating Game: The Effects of Revolving Doors on Analyst Incentives
- Advisor Lending to the Advised Acquirer as a Last Resort
- Risk Preferences and The Macro Announcement Premium
- Does Momentum Exist in Bonds of Different Ratings?
- Reputation and Competition in the Credit Ratings Market - Evidence from Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities
- Investment Banker Directors and Capital Raising Activities
- Identifying Information Asymmetry in Securities Markets
- Investment Tax Policy at the Expense of Routine-Task Jobs
- Product Integration and Merger Success
- Credit Protection and Product Market Competition
Presenters and discussants:
- Dr Hengjie Ai, University of Minnesota
- Dr Darwin Choi, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dr Hongseok Choi, City University of Hong Kong
- Prof Vidhan Goyal, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr Gerard Hoberg, University of Southern California
- Dr Elisabeth Kempf, The University of Chicago
- Dr Wei-ming Lee, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr Jay Li, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr Tao Li, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr Peter MacKay, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr Abhiroop Mukherjee, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr George Panayotov, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr Thomas Schmid, University of Hong Kong
- Dr Selale Tuzel, University of Southern California
- Prof Chunchi Wu, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Dr Xueping Wu, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr Margaret Zhu, City University of Hong Kong
To learn more about the conference, please visit website.