|Year of Entry||2019|
|Mode of Funding||Non-government-funded|
|Mode of Programme||Combined|
|Class Schedule||Weekday (daytime and evening) and Saturday afternoon|
|Indicative Intake Target||90|
|Minimum No. of Credits Required||30|
|Normal Duration of Programme||Full-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years|
|Maximum Study Period||Full-time: 2.5 years;
Part-time/Combined mode: 5 years
|Tuition Fee||Click here for more information|
Local : Closed
Non-local : Closed
|Mode of processing||Rolling Basis|
PhD (Aix-Marseille U)
+852 3442 8521
The Master of Science in Information Systems Management (MScISM) programme has been designed for Business/IT graduates who are interested in acquiring information management skills. This programme provides an optional specialization of study in one of the two areas of Business Intelligence or Technology and Entrepreneurship.
The programme aims to present at postgraduate level of the theories, methods, support techniques and skills required for efficient and effective management of the information systems function in the business, commercial, industrial and public sectors.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
Core Courses (a total of 18 credits)
Electives (a total of 12 credits)
Students can select any taught Master level elective courses offered by other departments within the College of Business. However, students are advised to enrol one of the following two tracks by acquiring specialized skills and knowledge.
Track - Business Intelligence
Track - Technology and Entrepreneurship
1. Students can take an optional one semester cultural exchange study at one of the collaborating universities in Europe, North America, or Asia. The exchange study is managed by College of Business and the tuition fee during the exchange period is waived.
2. Maximally 3 scholarships can be offered to outstanding students.
3. Maximally 5 postgraduate studentships offered by the MScISM programme with each one up to a maximum amount of HK$60,000.
4. The Information Systems Management Project elective allow participants to undertake in depth study of any specific information management issue. The Management Consulting in Asia elective is in the form of a field study of normally 7 to 8 days outside Hong Kong.
5. Continuing Education Fund (CEF): Some courses offered in this programme are eligible for the application of a subsidy from the CEF and each applicant may receive up to HK$10,000 refund within a four-year application period.#
#CEF is only applicable to Hong Kong residents