|Admissions for 2020/2021||
MBA Online Application for Academic Year 2020/21
15 July 2020 (For local applicants only)
In supporting your learning dream with the City MBA programme, scholarships are offered to eligible applicants to help you stay resilient while coping with the pandemic.
More about scholarships: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/mba/admissions/scholarships/
When evaluating an application, we consider various factors (including academic achievements, professional experiences, and personal accomplishments) from a holistic perspective:
- An applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with an acceptable GPA, or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience* is desirable (though not specifically required).
- An applicant is expected to have a satisfactory GMAT/GRE score (which can be submitted after the application). For applicants with substantial years of work experience, the GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis.
- All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview.
* Fresh graduates and those with less than three years of work experience will enrol in the full-time mode of the programme.
Remark: Some applicants may be recommended to take the Concentration Curriculum, especially those without sufficient work experience.
English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of TOFEL 79 (iBT) or 550 (PBT) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) ; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland or a pass in the old CET-6 test; or
- other equivalent qualifications
In view of the suspension of TOEFL and IELTS test centres in some countries/ locations due to COVID-19, the following three new/related online English tests namely IELTS Indicator, TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and Duolingo English Test will be accepted as equivalent qualifications to fulfill the minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to the MBA programme in 2020/21 cohort.
• TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: a score of 79; or
• IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5; or
• Duolingo English Test: a score of 105.
Qualified applicants from all over the world are encouraged to apply early. Over the past few years, many international students, including those coming from Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Netherlands, Nepal, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, US, Vietnam, etc. have been successfully admitted and enrolled in the programme.