|Date||5 June 2015 (Friday)|
|Time||6:30 - 8:30pm|
|Venue||Eminence Galaxy – Alumni Function Room, 11/F, Academic 3, CityU|
Mr Herman Hu Shao-ming 胡曉明BBS太平紳士
Council of the City University of Hong Kong
Chairman, Ryoden Development Limited
[ Biography ]
- According to incomplete statistics, the global gross value of the sports industry was around US$800 billion in 2013. It was approximately US$441 billion in the United States, approximately 3% of its GDP; while in EU, it was about EUR400 billion, about 3-4% of the GDP of each of the EU countries.
- With the rise of the Chinese middle class and growing concern on health, there is a huge potential for the development of sports industry in Mainland.
- In October 2014, the State Council issued "Opinions on accelerating the development of sports industry to promote sports consumption" and targeted an overall scale of sports industry of over RMB5 trillion by 2025.
- Beijing and Zhangjiakou have submitted application for hosting the 24th Olympic Winter Games in 2022. It was expected that over 300 million Chinese people will be attracted to winter sports.
- Sports development policies in Hong Kong
- Development of sports contributes to improving people's health and enriches their spiritual and cultural life.
- Development of sports and the sports industry also helps to strengthen social cohesion and sense of belonging.
- 據不完全的統計，2013年全球體育產業年總值約8000億美元。其中，美國約4410億美元，約佔該國GDP的 3%；歐盟約4000多億歐元，同樣約佔歐盟各國GDP的 3-4%。