Click here to download the programme brochure
Programme Information Booklet
BDMS Information Booklet 2021-2022
Management Sciences is concerned with developing and applying models, concepts, and tools that enable organizations and companies to master big data and achieve operational efficiency. These skills are in high demand in today’s highly competitive business environment for better problem solving and decision making.
There are three options for applying for admission to the undergraduate programmes in our Department:
When students are admitted to the JS1025 Department of Management Sciences Programme (options: BBA Business Analysis, BBA Operations Management), they will study general BBA courses (Introduction to Financial Accounting, Business Statistics, Operations Management, Management, Micro-Economics, Information Management, Marketing) and Gateway Education courses (such as English Language) in the first year. At the end of the first year, students will be invited to choose either BBA Business Analysis (JS0126) or BBA Business Operations Management (JS1027) major through a major allocation exercise. For more details of the Department of Management Sciences (BDMS) Programme, please visit the website https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/programmes/programme-finder/details?code=JS1025.
The BBA Business Analysis (JS1026) major is designed specifically to meet the business demand for deep data analytical skills and provide comprehensive training in business analytics, statistics, business intelligence, risk management, computer software, information management, business knowledge, and communication skills. It has two study streams: Business Analysis and Data Informatics. For more details of this major, please visit the website https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ms/bbabanl/intro.
The BBA Business Operations Management (JS1027) major equips students with the knowledge and skills to tackle the operations challenges of contemporary managers. Students will complete a series of major courses in operations knowledge, case studies and data analytics, along with electives in banking and finance, trade and supply chain, retail and hospitality, decision tools and practicum. For more details of this major, please visit the website https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ms/bbabom/.
Why Department of Management Sciences Programmes (JS1025, JS1026, JS1027) at CityU College of Business?
There are five good reasons:
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
Students must meet the minimum entrance requirements below:
Entrance Requirements for Non-JUPAS/Direct Applicants
Students with GCE System, International Baccalaureate, Post-Secondary Study and non-local qualifications have to meet the minimum General Entrance Requirements. Please visit the website https://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/direct/entreq/bd/ for details.
There are various scholarships. Please visit the website https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/Programmes/Undergraduate-Programmes/Scholarships for details.
Major Allocation Arrangement
At the end of the first year, students who enter the Department of Management Sciences Programme (JS1025) will go through a major allocation exercise and choose one of the two majors (BBA Business Analysis or BBA Business Operations Management). The top 40% of students# will have a free choice of majors offered by the Department. The other 60% of students will be allocated a major within the Department, subject to the availability of places and the selection criteria set by individual majors.
# based on the CGPA with no failed grades and completion of at least 30 credit units including College/Department required courses
For more details of major allocation, please visit the website https://www.cityu.edu.hk/arro/content.asp?cid=452
For details, please visit the website https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/Programmes/Undergraduate-Student-Information/1