Juhee Kwon is an associate professor at the IS department, City University of Hong Kong. Before joining City U, she worked in the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College as a research fellow. She earned her PhD from the Krannert School at Purdue University and master's degree from Carnegie Mellon University. Prior to joining the Purdue PhD program, she worked at Samsung, Yahoo, and LG as a software engineer. Her current research has focused on economics of information systems, healthcare information systems, and information security.
- Privacy and Security of Information Systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and Management Information Systems
"How Healthcare Data Breaches and Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records Influence Each Other",
GRF - Hong Kong Research Grants Council ,
, Juhee Kwon
|Journal Publications and Reviews
- Kim, Seung Hyun; Kwon, Juhee / How Do EHRs and a Meaningful Use Initiative Affect Breaches of Patient Information?. December 2019; In: Information Systems Research. Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 1184-1202
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / MEANINGFUL HEALTHCARE SECURITY: DOES MEANINGFUL-USE ATTESTATION IMPROVE INFORMATION SECURITY PERFORMANCE?. December 2018; In: MIS Quarterly: Management Information Systems. Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 1043-1067
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / Protecting Patient Data - The Economic Perspective of Healthcare Security. September 2015; In: IEEE Security and Privacy. Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 90-95
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / Proactive versus reactive security investments in the healthcare sector. June 2014; In: MIS Quarterly: Management Information Systems. Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 451-471
- Kwon, Juhee; Eric Johnson, M. / Health-care security strategies for data protection and regulatory compliance. 2013; In: Journal of Management Information Systems. Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 41-65
- Kwon, J.; Johnson, M. E. / Security practices and regulatory compliance in the healthcare industry. 2013; In: Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 44-51
- Kwon, Juhee; Ulmer, Jackie Rees; Wang, Tawei / The association between top management involvement and compensation and information security breaches. 2013; In: Journal of Information Systems. Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 219-236
- KWON, Juhee; JOHNSON, M. Eric / Do Patients Care About Data Breaches?. June 2016; Manufacturing and Services Operations Management Annual Conference, 29/06/2016 - 01/07/2016, , New Zealand.
- KWON, Juhee; JOHNSON, M E / The Market Effect of Healthcare Security: Do Patients Care about Data Breaches?. June 2015; Workshop on the Economics of Information Security, 22/06/2015 - 23/06/2015, , Netherlands.
- KWON, Juhee / Meaningful Healthcare Security: Does “Meaningful-Use” Attestation Improve Information Security Performance?. November 2014; Conference on Information Systems and Technology, 08/11/2014 - 09/11/2014, , United States.
- KWON, Juhee; Johnson, M Eric / Meaningful Healthcare Security: Does “Meaningful-Use” Attestation Improve Information Security Performance?. June 2014; WEIS 2014, 23/06/2014 - 25/06/2014, , United States.
|Chapters, Conference Papers, Creative and Literary Works
- Huang, Wenjie; Chen, Hailiang; Kwon, Juhee / The Impact of Gamification Design on the Success of Health and Fitness Apps. June 2018; PROCEEDINGS OF The 12th China Summer Workshop on Information Management, CSWIM 2018. pp. 427-432
- Huang, Wenjie; Chen, Hailiang; Kwon, Juhee / The Impact of Gamification Design on the Success of Health and Fitness Apps. June 2018; Proceedings of the 22nd Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems - Opportunities and Challenges for the Digitized Society: Are We Ready?. pp. 2024-2029
- Choudhury, Ananya Sinha; Kwon, Juhee / A study of the effect of regulations on different types of information security breaches across different business sectors. 2016; Proceeding of the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems.
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / Healthcare security strategies for regulatory compliance and data security. 2013; Proceedings of the Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. pp. 3972-3981
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / Security practices and regulatory compliance in the healthcare industry. 2012; 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems 2012, AMCIS 2012. Vol. 3, pp. 2440-2449
- Kwon, Juhee; Johnson, M. Eric / The impact of security practices on regulatory compliance and security performance. 2011; International Conference on Information Systems 2011, ICIS 2011. Vol. 3, pp. 2204-2212