12-252, Lau Ming Wai Academic Building
City University of Hong Kong
Honours and Awards
· Best Paper Award in emerging market researchat 2018 Academy of International Business Conference
· Best Conference Paper Award Finalist at 2015/2016 Strategic Management Society Conference
· Fundação Dom Cabral Best Paper award at 2014 Academy of Management Meeting
· Douglas Nigh Memorial Best Paper Award Finalist at 2009 Academy of Management Meeting
· Best Paper Award for Strategy Stream at 2008 annual conference of Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
· Outstanding Reviewer Award for 2006 by the Journal of Business Venturing
· Haynes Prize for Best Paper Award at Academy of International Business Conference (2006)
· Nominated for Haynes Prize for Best Paper Award at Academy of International Business Conference (2005)
Refereed Journal Articles:
· Gu, Qian, Jane W. Lu and Chi-Nien Chung. 2019. Incentive or Disincentive? A Socioemotional Wealth Explanation of New Industry Entry in Family Business Groups. Journal of Management, 45(2), 645–672.
· Lu, J.W., Song, Y. and Shan, M. 2018. Social trust in subnational regions and foreign subsidiary performance: Evidence from foreign investments in China. Journal of International Business Studies, 49(6), 761-773.
· Bapuji H, Husted B, Lu J, Mir R. 2018. Value creation, appropriation, and distribution: How firms contribute to societal economic inequality. Business & Society, 57(6), 983-1009.
· Lu Jane W., Wen Li, Aiqi Wu and Xueli Huang. 2018. Political Hazards and Entry Modes of Chinese Investments in Africa, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 35(1): 39-61.
· Yang, Gracy, Jane W. Lu and Ruihua, Jiang. 2017. Too Slow or Too Fast? Speed of FDI Expansions, Industry Globalization, and Firm Performance. Long Range Planning, 50(1), 74-92.
· Lu Jane W., Xufei Ma, Lucy Taksa and Yue Wang. 2017. From LLL to IOL3: Moving dragon multinationals research forward. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 34(4): 757-768.
· Purkayastha Saptarshi, Vikas Kumar and Jane W. Lu. 2017. Business group heterogeneity and the internationalization-performance relationship: Evidence from Indian business groups. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 34(2): 247-279.
· Lu Jane W., Xueli Huang and Michael Muchiri. 2017. Political Risk and Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment to Africa: The Role of Foreign Aid. Africa Journal of Management, 3(1): 82-98.
· Lu, Jane W. and Xufei Ma. 2015. Partner resource asymmetry and IJV survival. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 32(4), 1039-1064.
· Lu, Jane W., Xueji Liang, Mengmeng Shan and Xiaoya Liang. 2015. Internationalization and Performance of Chinese Family Firms: The Moderating Role of Corporate Governance, Management and Organisation Review, 11(4), 645-678.
· Xu, Dean, Jane W. Lu and Qian Gu. 2014. Organizational Forms and Multi-Population Dynamics: Economic Transition in China, Administrative Science Quarterly, 59(3), 517-547.
· Xia, Jun, Xufei, Ma, Jane W. Lu and Daphne Yiu. 2014. Outward Foreign Direct Investment by Emerging Market Firms: A Resource Dependence Logic, Strategic Management Journal, 35(9), 1343-1363.
· Kim, Young-Choon, Jane W. Lu and Mooweon Rhee. 2012. Learning from Age Difference: Interorganizational Learning and Survival in Japanese Foreign Subsidiaries 1986-2001, Journal of International Business Studies, 43(8), 719-745.
· Gu, Qian and Jane W. Lu. 2011. Effects of Inward Investment on Outward Investment: The Venture Capital Industry Worldwide 1985-2007, Journal of International Business Studies, 42(2), 263–284.
· Lu, Jane W. and Xufei Ma. 2008. The Contingent Value of Local Partners’ Business Group Affiliation. Academy of Management Journal, 51(2): 295-314.
· Gaur, Ajar and Jane W. Lu. 2007. Ownership Strategies and Survival of Foreign Subsidiaries: Impacts of Institutional Distance and Experience. Journal of Management, 33(1): 84-110.
· Lu, Jane W. and Dean Xu. 2007. Technological Knowledge, Product Relatedness, and Parent Control: The Effect on IJV Survival. Journal of Business Research, 60(11): 1166-1176.
· Lu, Jane W. and Dean Xu. 2006. Growth and Survival of International Joint Ventures: An External-Internal Legitimacy Perspective. Journal of Management, 32(3): 426-448.
· Lu, Jane W. and Paul W. Beamish. 2006. Partnering Strategies and Performance of SMEs’ International Joint Ventures. Journal of Business Venturing, 21(4): 461-486.
· Ma, Xufei and Jane W. Lu. 2005. The Critical Role of Business Groups in China. Ivey Business Journal, 69(5): 1-12.
· Lu, Jane W. and Louis Hebert. 2005. Equity Control and the Survival of International Joint Ventures: A Contingency Approach. Journal of Business Research, 58(6): 736-745.
· Lu, Jane W. and Paul W. Beamish. 2004. Network Development and Firm Performance: A Field Study of Internationalizing Japanese Firms. Multinational Business Review, 12(3): 41-61.
· Lu, Jane W. and Paul W. Beamish. 2004. International Diversification and Firm Performance: The S-Curve Hypothesis. Academy of Management Journal, 47 (4): 598-609.
· Bruton, Garry, Franz Lohrke and Jane W. Lu. 2004. The Evolving Definition of What Comprises International Strategic Management Research. Journal of International Management，10 (3): 413-429.
· Lu, Jane W. 2003. The Evolving Contributions in International Strategic Management Research. Journal of International Management, 9(2): 193-213.
· Lu, Jane W. 2002. Intra- and Inter- Organizational Imitative Behavior: Institutional Influences on Japanese Firms’ Entry Mode Choice. Journal of International Business Studies, 33(1): 19-37.
· Lu, Jane W. and Paul W. Beamish. 2001. The Internationalization and Performance of SMEs. Strategic Management Journal, 22 (6/7): 565-586.
· Lu, Jane W. 2000. Characteristics and Performance of Japanese FDI in China. Journal of Asian Business, 16(3): 51-71.
|Journal Publications and Reviews|
|Chapters, Conference Papers, Creative and Literary Works|