Hailiang Chen received a PhD in Management Information Systems from Purdue University. He is interested in the research areas of economics of information systems, social media, big data analytics, internet advertising, electronic commerce, and data mining. His teaching interests include innovation and technology entrepreneurship, electronic commerce, social media, internet marketing, computer programming, database management, web design and development, human-computer interaction, and statistical and econometric models. Hailiang Chen also received a master degree in Economics from Purdue University and a bachelor degree in Information Management and Information Systems from Tsinghua University.
- Human-Computer Interaction and Multimedia
- eCommerce Business Strategies & Management
- Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship
- Chen, Hailiang, Prabuddha De, Yu Jeffrey Hu. (2014), "IT-enabled broadcasting in social media: An empirical study of artists’ activities and music sales", Information Systems Research, forthcoming, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2201430.
- Chen, Hailiang, Prabuddha De, Yu Jeffrey Hu, Byoung-Hyoun Hwang (2014), "Wisdom of Crowds: The Value of Stock Opinions Transmitted Through Social Media", Review of Financial Studies, 27, 5, 1367-1403, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1807265.
- Chen, Hailiang, Hongyan Liu, Jiawei Han, Xiaoxin Yin, Jun He (December 2009), "Exploring optimization of semantic relationship graph for multi-relational Bayesian classification", Decision Support Systems, 48, 1, 112–121.
- Yu, Yinan, Hailiang Chen (2015), "Interplay between Social Media and Traditional Media: A Study in the Motion Picture Industry", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2630910.
- Chen, Hailiang, J. Leon Zhao (2015), "Understanding Information Systems Research Through Structural Topic Modeling", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2601719.
- Ma, Baojun, Hailiang Chen (2014), "Does Bigger Screen Lead to More Cellular Data Usage?", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2510263.
- Lee, Joon Mahn, Byoung-Hyoun Hwang, Hailiang Chen (2014), "Behavioral Differences between Founder CEOs and Professional CEOs: The Role of Overconfidence", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2510549.
- Akcura, Tolga M., Kemal Altinkemer, Hailiang Chen. (2013), "Determinants of microblogging and sentiments toward brands on the web", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2201497.
- Chen, Hailiang, Byoung-Hyoun Hwang, Baixiao Liu. (2013), "The economic consequences of having 'social' executives", http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2318094.
- Hailiang Chen (April 2014), "草根财商:社交媒体时代的证券投资", Capital Week, 证券市场周刊, pp. 30-37, http://www.capitalweek.com.cn/2014-04-25/1641330141.html.