I am an Assistant Professor at the City University of Hong Kong and a Research Associate at the Centre for Economic Performance. I got my Ph.D. in Economics from the London School of Economics in 2018. During 2018-2019, I was a postdoctoral research associate at the UCL Department of Economics. My main research interests are international trade, economic development, industrial organization, and economic history.
- Huang, Hanwei / Firm Heterogeneity and Imperfect Competition in Global Production Networks. June 2021; Firm-to-Firm Trade and International Production Networks
Workshop, 21/06/2021 - 22/06/2021, , .
- Huang, Hanwei / Germs, Roads and Trade: Theory and Evidence on the Value of Diversification in Global Sourcing. June 2021; 2021 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society, 25/06/2021 - 27/06/2021, Miri, Malaysia. pp. 36
- Huang, Hanwei / The impact of non-tariff barriers on trade and welfare. June 2021; 3rd International Conference on European Studies (CefES2021), 14/06/2021 - 16/06/2021, , . pp. 16
- Huang, Hanwei; Manova, Kalina; Pisch, Frank / Firm Heterogeneity and Imperfect Competition in Global Production Networks. January 2021; Allied Social Science Associations 2021 Annual Meeting (ASSA 2021) , 03/01/2021 - 05/01/2021, , .
- Chen, Xiao; Huang, Hanwei; Ju, Jiandong; Sun, Ruoyan; Zhang, Jialiang / Impact of vaccination on the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from U.S. states. May 2021;
- Huang, Hanwei; Sampson, Thomas; Schneider, Patrick / Disunited Kingdom? Brexit, Trade and Scottish Independence. February 2021; CEP BREXIT ANALYSIS.
- Dhingra, Swati; Freeman, Rebecca; Huang, Hanwei / The impact of non-tariff barriers on trade and welfare. January 2021; CEP Discussion Paper.
- Fang, Hanming; Ge, Chunmian; Huang, Hanwei; Li, Hongbin / Pandemics, Global Supply Chains, and Local Labor Demand: Evidence from 100 Million Posted Jobs in China. November 2020; NBER working paper.
- Huang, Hanwei / Germs, Roads and Trade: Theory and Evidence on the Value of Diversification in Global Sourcing. December 2017; pp. 1-73
- Huang, Hanwei; Ju, Jiandong; Yue, Vivian Z. / Structural adjustments and international trade: theory and evidence from China. November 2017; CEP Discussion Paper.