9-253, Lau Ming Wai Academic Building
City University of Hong Kong
Dr. Tam received his B.S. in Mathematics from University of Colorado at Denver, M.S. in Mineral Economics from Colorado School of Mines, and Ph.D. in Economics from University of Virginia. His research interests include macroeconomics, consumer finance, and quantitative methods.
1. Peralta-Alva, Adrian; Tam, Xuan S.; Tang, Xin; Tavares, Marina Mendes / Tax Revenus in Low-Income Countries. forthcoming, The Economic Journal.
2. Athreya, Kartik; Sanchez, Juan M.; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / Bankruptcy and Delinquency in a Model of Unsecured Debt. May 2018; In: International Economic Review. Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 593-623
3. Athreya, Kartik; Sanchez, Juan M.; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / Labor market upheaval, default regulations, and consumer debt. January 2015; In: Review of Economic Dynamics. Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 32-52
4. Athreya, Kartik B.; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / Loan Guarantees for Consumer Credit Markets. 2014; In: Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. Economic Quarterly. Vol. 100, No. 4, pp. 297-352
5. Athreya, Kartik B.; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / Debt Default and the Insurance of Labor Income Risk. October 2012; In: Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. Economic Quarterly. Vol. 98, No. 4, pp. 255-307
6. Athreya, Kartik; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / A quantitative theory of information and unsecured credit. July 2012; In: American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics. Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 153-183
7. Athreya, Kartik; Tam, Xuan S.; Young, Eric R. / Unsecured credit markets are not insurance markets. January 2009; In: Journal of Monetary Economics. Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 83-103
|Period||Department - Institution||Position|
|8/2013 - Now||Economics and Finance - City University of Hong Kong||Assistant Professor|
|7/2010 - 7/2013||CFAP, Judge Business School - University of Cambridge||Research Fellow|
|10/2011 - 6/2013||Fitzwilliwm College||Bye-Fellow|