Faculty Development Award (MBA/EMBA) 2017/18
College of Business
The Faculty Development Award (MBA/EMBA) has been established to recognize dedicated staff members who promote innovations to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for MBA/EMBA programme at CB.
- Regular full-time faculty and teaching staff members of CB who involved in at least one course teaching, new course design / delivery or activity engagement and administration support for MBA/EMBA programme. Such involvement should be in the period from Sem A, 2015/16 to Sem A, 2017/18 except for new course / service / activity designed / suggested for delivery after Sem A, 2017/18.
- Recipients of this award and/or other awards in the University within the past two years from Sem A, 2015/16 will not be eligible.
- One can only apply either College Teaching Excellence Award or Faculty Development Award (MBA/EMBA), but not both, in the same round.
- The Dean and faculty members on the Selection Panel are not eligible for the award.
The selection Panel will look for evidence and examples that the teacher demonstrates exemplary achievements in the following areas:
- Curricular Innovation
Innovation in any aspects that help enhance student learning, programme quality and competitiveness.
- New Course Development and Delivery
Planning and/or delivery of a well-designed new course that is valuable for curriculum enhancement.
- Teaching Commitment and Excellence
Student feedback that indicates teaching excellence and passion; and student satisfaction.
- Activity Engagement and Administration Support
Active engagement and support in student/programme/community activities and services that contribute and add value to student learning and the programme.
A cash award of HK$50,000 each and up to three awards will be given out in 2017/18.
Special thanks to EMBA Association for their generous support and donations to establish the award.
Application & Nomination Procedures
Complete Award Application Form / Award Nomination Form and return the form to Miss Pat Wong, Secretary of the Selection Panel [email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Business College Office, 12/F, Lau Ming Wai Academic Building] by 22 December 2017.
Selection Process & Timeline