Participants are required to complete a minimum of 40 credit units in order to attain the EMBA Award conferred by City University of Hong Kong.
ORIENTATION (1 CREDIT)
COMPONENT I : FOUNDATION
The following 7 core courses (2 credits each) are offered in the first 12 months, and provide a solid foundation of knowledge.
COMPONENT II : FOCUS - LEADERSHIP & CHINA BUSINESS
Compulsory courses (2 credits each)
Plus at least 12 credits from the following electives* (2 credits each unless specified otherwise) :
- FB6825 Marketing Strategies for Executives in Modern China
- FB6831 Managing Services and Experiences
- FB6833 Crisis Management for Senior Executives
- FB6841 Innovative Solutions for Real Business Cases
- FB6842 Public Speaking & Communication
- FB6843 Global Organizations Benchmarking Field Study^
- FB6844 Contemporary Business Topics / Issues
- FB6845 Effective Negotiation Skills
- FB6871 Global Advanced Management Workshop~^ (3 credits)
- FB6872 Industry On-site Workshop in China (1 credit)
- FB8001D Methodology for Applied Business Research I (3 credits)
- FB8002D Methodology for Applied Business Research II (3 credits)
- FB8004D Residential Workshop I^
COMPONENT III : INTEGRATION
- FB6814 CEO Forum (2 credits)
- FB6811 Strategic Management (3 credits)
- EITHER FB6812 EMBA Project OR FB6813 Executive Consultancy Mission (Residential Trip)^ (4 credits)
^ Participants need to pay extra costs of the Trip (depending on the destination) in addition to the credit unit fees required for the course(s).
~ Tuition fee of this course will follow the fee structure of the "Advanced Management Programme" for current students.
An elective list will be drawn up for each year subject to student demand and staffing constraints.
Participants who wish to pursue CityU's DBA programme after graduation must take FB6812, FB8001D, FB8002D and FB8004D as their EMBA elective courses. Block credit transfer of these courses (total: 12 credit units) to the DBA programme will be arranged upon successful completion of the courses subject to regulations for credit transfer and approval of the University.
The EMBA programme is reimbursable under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) subject to a maximum of HK$10,000.
Note: Participants who have more than 3 courses with Grade C or below; or more than 2 courses with Grade D or below may not be granted an EMBA award unless they retake those courses to improve the grades in accordance with the University regulations.