Participants are required to complete a minimum of 40 credit units in order to attain the EMBA Award conferred by City University of Hong Kong.
PILLAR 1 : Innovation Management (at least 8 credits)
PILLAR 2 : Asia Connect (at least 8 credits)
PILLAR 3 : Financing Strategy (at least 4 credits)
- FB6895 Venture Capital and Private Equity Investing
- FB6896 Strategies on Initial Public Offering and Debt Financing
- FB6897 Strategies on Merger, Acquisition and Turnaround
Each Cornerstone course under Pillars 1 to 3 carries 4 credit units.
A student is required to choose at least 10 courses from the above list.
Graduation requirements is 40 credits (minimum).
Remark:A course with 4 credit units will include the following learning activities:
- Pre-class online study (around 40 hours): Reading assignments, video watching assignments, video-taped lectures, quizzes, essays, and/or online tutorials.
- #Intensive class meeting (around 40 hours in 5 days): Seminars, workshops, class discussions, case studies, group presentations, expert sharing, and/or company visits.
- Out-of-the-class work (around 80 hours): Group projects, group discussions, individual reports, take-home examinations, quizzes, video-taped presentations, and/or online tutorials.
- Pre-tour online study (around 40 hours): Reading assignments, video watching assignments, group discussions, quizzes, essays, and/or online tutorials
- #5-day field study (around 40 hours): Company visits and meetings with local professors, senior executives and EMBA learning partners of local universities.
- Out-of-the-field-study work (around 80 hours): Group projects, group discussions, individual reports, take-home examinations, quizzes, video-taped presentations and/or online tutorials.
#Class offering may be changed to online mode or others under special circumstances.
ELECTIVE COURSES (subject to EMBA Programme Director's approval)
Participants who wish to take the following elective course(s) to replace Cornerstone course(s) requirements must seek the EMBA Programme Director’s approval in advance.
- FB6871 Global Advanced Management Workshop (3 credits) ^
- FB6873 Innovation Internship 1 (2 credits) ^
- FB6874 Innovation Internship 2 (2 credits) ^
- FB6875 Crypto Assets: Valuation, Accounting and Auditing (2 credits)
- FB6876 Family Business Innovation and Succession (2 credits)
- FB6877 Modern Project Management (2 credits)
- FB6878 Climate Change, Corporate Strategy and Asset Management (2 credits)
- FB6812 EMBA Consulting Project (4 credits)*
- FB8001D Methodology for Applied Business Research I (3 credits)*
- FB8002D Methodology for Applied Business Research II (3 credits)*
- FB8004D Residential Workshop I (2 credits)* ^
- Existing courses in EMBA(Chinese), EMBA(Chinese) with Public-Private Partnership concentration and other Master’s Degree programme of College of Business, CityU.
* Participants who wish to pursue CityU’s DBA programme after graduation must take FB6812, FB8001D, FB8002D and FB8004D as their elective courses. Block credit transfer of these courses (total: 12 credit units) to the DBA programme will be arranged upon successful completion of the courses, subject to the approval by EMBA & DBA Programme Directors.
^Participants need to pay extra cost of the Trip (depending on the destination) in addition to the credit unit fees required for the course(s).
A participant must achieve a CGPA of 2.85 or above and have no more than three courses with Grade C or below.
A minimum attendance requirement of 70% may be prescribed as part of the coursework assessment for courses of the EMBA programme at the discretion of individual lecturers.
The programme considers credit transfer in accordance to Academic Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Degrees.