College / Department Highlights
Globally-oriented business school at the forefront of business ideas and knowledge: a key business education hub - in China for the world
- Advance the frontiers of business knowledge.
- Educate our future business leaders with a global orientation.
- Produce innovative and relevant research that enriches the understanding and practice of business.
- Develop business leaders with a broad understanding of the China marketplaces.
- Contribute to the welfare of our faculty members and staff,
- students, alumni, university, business partners, nation, and the world at large.
Excellent Support to Students in Nurturing Future Elites
- Excellent student training and development including graduate recruitment package
- Prominent professionals and business executives as mentors
- Majority of students participate in local and overseas internship programs in each year
- Ranked top 100 in Accountancy schools worldwide
Unique Features and Strengths
- We have a diverse group of colleagues from Asia, Europe and North America
- High Research Ranking in Asia: No. 1 in International Economics, No. 2 in Real Estate, No. 3 in Development Economics
- Practice-oriented: A Financial Simulation Laboratory has been set up for practicing the application of theories to real-world situations, eg. Trading Room Workshop: students do real world trading in financial markets
Nurture smart people for smart business, with careers of the future
- BBA Global Business Systems Management aims to educate students to become smart business managers. Our students have opportunities to gain global experience with two overseas exchange studies.
- BBA Information Management aims to educate students to become smart business professionals. Our graduates change the way of doing business in Hong Kong and the region.
Hub for Excellent Management Innovation
- Human Resources Management provides the most comprehensive training on HRM in a global business environment
- International Business trains students to be future professionals and managers who are able to work in an international environment, with a strong focus on the Asia Pacific region
- Our department provides summer internship opportunities and career development workshops for students.
- Taught by international faculty members
(50% non-local) with PhDs from prestigious universities
(e.g. Northwestern, Toronto) and well-experienced in the industry
Creating Value with Business Analytics and Operations Excellence
- Data does not provide intelligence before analyzed; Ideas do not generate profit unless executed efficiently and effectively.
- The Business Analysis program equips you with business analytics techniques for smarter decisions, while the Business Operations Management program trains you to manage the value chain for more sustainable profits.
- Our strategic alliance with prestigious software companies, including IBM and SAS, allows us to provide practical training for students.
- Our graduates have developed rewarding careers in banking and finance, marketing, hospitality, logistics, telecommunication, retail and supply chain industries.
- We are the first and by far the largest department of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region, with faculty holding degrees from prestigious universities (such as Toronto, Northwestern, MIT).
- We provide support for student development (e.g. subsidy for certification exams, exchange, internship, scholarships) because we believe that student success is our success.
Unique for Marketing students
- A flagship marketing program in Hong Kong with the highest admission score over the years.
- China Business program prepares students with excellence in both marketing and management knowledge specailly designed for the Chinese business environment.
- Practice-oriented education with rich exposure to real company consultancy projects.
- Excellent placements in prominent employers such as Coca-Cola, Prudential, Wellcome, and Watson.
Bachelor's Degree Programmes