College / Department Highlights
Globally-oriented business school at the forefront of business ideas and knowledge: a key business education hub - in China for the world
- Advance the frontiers of business knowledge.
- Educate our future business leaders with a global orientation.
- Produce innovative and relevant research that enriches the understanding and practice of business.
- Develop business leaders with a broad understanding of the China marketplaces.
- Contribute to the welfare of our faculty members and staff,
- students, alumni, university, business partners, nation, and the world at large.
Excellent Support to Students in Nurturing Future Elites
- Excellent student training and development including graduate recruitment package
- Prominent professionals and business executives as mentors
- Majority of students participate in local and overseas internship programs in each year
- Ranked top 100 in Accountancy schools worldwide
Unique Features and Strengths
- We have a diverse group of colleagues from Asia, Europe and North America
- High Research Ranking in Asia: No. 1 in International Economics, No. 2 in Real Estate, No. 3 in Development Economics
- Practice-oriented: A Financial Simulation Laboratory has been set up for practicing the application of theories to real-world situations, eg. Trading Room Workshop: students do real world trading in financial markets
Educate smart people for smarter business
- Focus on smarter business with Intelligence (business intelligence and analytics) and Social networks
- Emphasize quality education with 12 Teaching Excellence Award winners
- Encourage globalization with two overseas exchanges in Global Business Systems Management
- Ranked top six in information systems worldwide
- IS Department provides rich resources to support student activities, such as study tours, scholarships, competitions, professional exams and more.
Hub for Excellent Management Innovation
- Human Resources Management provides the most comprehensive training on HRM in a global business environment
- International Business trains students to be future professionals and managers who are able to work in an international environment, with a strong focus on the Asia Pacific region
- Our department provides summer internship opportunities and career development workshops for students.
- Taught by international faculty members
(50% non-local) with PhDs from prestigious universities
(e.g. Northwestern, Toronto) and well-experienced in the industry
Creating Value with Business Analytics and Operations Excellence
- Data does not provide intelligence before analyzed; Ideas do not generate profit unless executed efficiently and effectively.
- The Business Analysis program equips you with business analytics techniques for smarter decisions, while the Business Operations Management program trains you to manage the value chain for more sustainable profits.
- Our strategic alliance with prestigious software companies, including IBM and SAS, allows us to provide practical training for students.
- Our graduates have developed rewarding careers in banking and finance, marketing, hospitality, logistics, telecommunication, retail and supply chain industries.
- We are the first and by far the largest department of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region, with faculty holding degrees from prestigious universities (such as Toronto, Northwestern, MIT).
- We provide support for student development (e.g. subsidy for certification exams, exchange, internship, scholarships) because we believe that student success is our success.
Unique for Marketing students
- A flagship marketing program in Hong Kong with the highest admission score over the years.
- China Business program prepares students with excellence in both marketing and management knowledge specailly designed for the Chinese business environment.
- Practice-oriented education with rich exposure to real company consultancy projects.
- Excellent placements in prominent employers such as Coca-Cola, Prudential, Wellcome, and Watson.
Bachelor's Degree Programmes