CityU's College of Business - Your DBA Partner
The College of Business at CityU is one of the largest business schools in Hong Kong and has around 200 core teaching staff of 17 nationalities, most of whom are PhD holders. Our academic staff members regularly publish articles and reviews in leading international journals.
Excellence in Applied Research
The College of Business draws on collaborative efforts and expertise across its six member departments including Accountancy, Economics and Finance, Information Systems, Management, Management Sciences and Marketing. Through links with business leaders and senior executives, we use our expertise and research to help improve the quality of managerial decision making in commercial and business operations in Hong Kong and the mainland. The College focuses on knowledge and innovation management and fosters other areas of strength, such as e-business, internet marketing, accounting, corporate governance, finance and international economics. For more information about research areas of our 6 member departments, please click here.
Global Recognition and Affiliations
The College of Business enjoys a high level of recognition in both the local and overseas business communities, and is affiliated with major postgraduate education initiatives.
- Ranked 39th in the world and 4th in Asia according to the latest UT Dallas Rankings, based on the research contributions from 2016-2020.
- Ranked 4th in Asia in Economics and Business, among over 1,500 best colleges and universities, by US News & World Report.
- We are accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (the European Quality Improvement System) for our high-quality teaching and research activities, and for our significant level of internationalisation.
- Teaching partner of the Omnium Global EMBA hosted by the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.
- Exchange programmes with more than 233 partner institutions in 40 countries spanning six continents.
- Driven by
Problems arising from Professional Practice
- Focuses on
The application of Applied Research Methods
- Guided by
Advanced Business and Management Theories
- Taken Together
Advancing Professional Practice through Applied Research at the Cutting Edge