DBA 2015 Orientation and Residential Workshop I
33 participants attended the trip, with 17 new learning partners coming from six different countries and regions, 12 faculty members from the six departments of the College, three guest speakers from the previous cohorts, and a fresh graduate of the DBA programme.
Prof Muammer Ozer, Programme Director of DBA, kicked off the orientation by an inspirational opening speech, followed by an informative presentation by Dr Xueping Wu, Associate Director of DBA, on administration matters of the DBA learning journey.
The new learning partners from Cohort 2015 each did a thorough introduction sharing their unique background and motivation to embark on the DBA learning journey.
Representatives of the six departments discussed departmental research focus, research samples, and faculty member profiles to the new learning partners:
- Prof Julie Li, Professor of the Department of Marketing & Associate Head of the College
- Prof Phyllis Mo, Professor of the Department of Accountancy
- Dr Xueping Wu, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Finance
- Prof Leon Zhao, Head of the Department of Information Systems
- Dr Jane Yang, Associate Professor of the Department of Management
- Dr Geoffrey Tso, Associate Head of the Department of Management Sciences
One of the highlights of the trip was the Guest Speaker Sharing session; Mr Anthony Lam of Cohort 2014, Mr Brad Schwartz of Cohort 2013, Mr Richard Yap of Cohort 2012, and Dr Andrew Hui of 2015 graduate, shared the challenges and rewards of their DBA journey.
The event concluded fruitfully, motivating the new learning partners to better prepare for the upcoming new challenges.