Senior faculty members will be invited to be the thesis supervisors to ensure the academic rigour of the theses.
A business advisor or practitioner acting like a 'professional supervisor' will also be invited by the College of Business to help out in the process of supervision, if necessary, to ensure the professional content and the relevance of the project. However, the academic and the overall supervision of the thesis are still the responsibility of the academic supervisor.
The College of Business will establish a Qualifying Panel for each DBA candidate. The composition of the Panel is subject to approval of the College Graduate Studies Committee. The Panel shall consist of at least three members, including the supervisor of the candidate who should be the Chair of the Panel.
The Panel should normally:
- prescribe courses for students, as appropriate;
- approve proposals for the thesis;
- monitor student performance, providing a report on each student's progress to the Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies (SGS) at least once per year;
- make recommendations to SGS on student's ability to continue studies and to undertake independent research work; and
- recommend termination of candidature if the student's academic performance is unsatisfactory.