Programme Aims and Objectives
The programme aims to train future business professionals in the core domains of business and cutting-edge information systems that underpin the contemporary information society. Graduates from the programme can excel in key professional or managerial positions that require both advanced business knowledge and IT-enabled problem solving skills.
Stream A is offered to applicants with a non-IT background and focuses on developing their competence in evaluating cutting-edge IT, coordinating IT-enabled business initiatives, and managing the operation of business information systems, so as to meet the business needs of the organization.
Applicants must satisfy the following to be eligible for admission:
- hold a recognized Bachelor's degree in any subjects, preferably not in Information Systems or Computer Science related discipline, from one of the tertiary education institutions in Hong Kong funded by the University Grant Committee (UGC), or equivalent
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
Overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
Score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
Other equivalent qualifications
Core Courses (18 credits)
- Advanced Business Software Construction
- Business Software Construction
- Database Management Systems
- Foundations of Information and Electronic Business Systems
- Project Management and Quality Assurance
- System Analysis and Design
Electives (minimum 12 credits)
- eBusiness System Integration
- Blockchain Technology and Business Applications
- Business Data Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Human-Computer Interaction and Multimedia
- Information Systems Infrastructure and Security Management
- Information Systems Planning and Strategy
- Information Technology Based Organisation Transformation
- Information Technology Leadership Forum
- Internet and World-Wide Web Application Development
- Information Systems Project
- Knowledge Management
- Management Support and Business Intelligence Systems
- Outsourcing and Offshoring Management
- Management Consulting in Asia
Outstanding applicants will be offered with a scholarship or assistantship.
Participants can choose to take a Management Consulting in Asia (spaces are limited) elective in the form of a field study of normally 7 to 8 days outside Hong Kong.
Continuing Education Fund# (CEF): Some courses offered in this programme are eligible for the application of a subsidy from the CEF.
#CEF is only applicable to Hong Kong residents.