Programme Aims and Objectives
This programme aims to enable students to apply modern analytical and managerial skills that facilitate decision makings at all levels of operational and strategic practices in Supply Chain Management.
- Applicants must hold a recognized Bachelor's degree;
- Working experience is preferred but NOT required.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is NOT English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test)^ or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a minimum score of 450 in the Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET6); or
- other equivalent qualifications.
^ Effective from 11 April 2021, the TOEFL revised paper-delivered test is no longer offered.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange with the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
In view of the recent development of COVID-19, ‘TOEFL iBT Home Edition’ and ‘IELTS Indicator’, as indicated below, are accepted as equivalent qualifications for the fulfillment of the University’s minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to TPg programmes until further notice:
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition: a score of 79; or
- IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5
- Managerial Decision Modeling
- Predictive Analytics with Excel and R
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management (#)
Either take 6 of the following courses:
- Advanced Case Analysis for Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics with Spreadsheet and Python
- Business Process Modeling & Simulation
- E-Logistics & Enterprise Resource Planning (#)
- Healthcare Management
- Project Management
- Service Quality Management
- Statistical Modelling in Risk Management
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Transportation Logistics
- Elective courses from College of Business (no more than two courses)
or take 4 of the above courses plus:
- Internship Project
(#) CEF reimbursable courses
The programme benefits from the use of relevant technology and software packages (such as SAP, SAS, SPSS, and Service Models) to reinforce students’ understanding of the concepts, methods, and processes introduced.