Programme Aims and Objectives
The programme aims to provide aspiring managers, from private and public sectors, a professional education in which they learn to create new knowledge so that their managerial competence and skills can be elevated, to enable them to achieve their better career goals and to benefit society.
When evaluating an application, we consider various factors (including academic achievements, professional experiences, and personal accomplishments) from a holistic perspective. An applicant must have:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, or equivalent;
- relevant work experience*; and
- an acceptable GMAT score or the equivalent, subject to the approval of the MBA Programme Director.
*Fresh graduates and those with less than three years of work experience will enrol in the full-time mode of the programme.
All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- Score 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
- Overall band 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- Score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
#Some applicants may be recommended to take the Concentration Curriculum, especially those without sufficient work experience.
For details about the programme, please visit our website: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/mba
- Focusing on leadership and experiential learning, CityU MBA offers courses such as Entrepreneurship and Venture Plan Development, Global Brand Management Workshop; and MBA Enterprise Diagnostic R-Trip to provide opportunities for students to gain practical experience through action learning with a global emphasis.
- The Professional Forum (also known as SHARP Forum) is a thought-provoking platform where thriving business executives, prominent government officials, prestigious scholars, inspiring entrepreneurs, influential celebrities, and renowned experts are invited to:
- Spread inciting ideas, insightful perspectives, and inspirational experiences;
- Stretch boundaries of novel concepts, evolving issues, and cutting-edge solutions.
- The Industry On-site Workshop gives an opportunity for participants to learn from the operational frameworks of other industries.
- The MBA Career Services provides a wide range of services including career advising, events and workshops, mentoring activities, networking opportunities and other resources to help participants in refining your career goals and navigating the recruitment process.