Programme Aims and Objectives
The Master of Science in Electronic Business and Knowledge Management (MScEBKM) programme has been constructed based on the realization that both e-business and knowledge management are critical components of the contemporary organisational environment. Business professionals need to understand the profound changes in the business environment, supply chains, organisational infrastructure and forms enabled and introduced by e-business. Further, they need to understand how organisations can leverage their employees’ skills and knowledge. The programme covers a wide range of objectives, spanning technical, managerial and organisational change topics.
It aims to educate and train a new generation of managers, professionals and entrepreneurs to understand the principles of e-business, the impact of e-business on business and management, and its potential for strategic advantage in organisations.
Applicants should satisfy all of the following to be eligible for admission:
- hold a recognized Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or management related subject from a UGC-funded tertiary education institution in Hong Kong, or an equivalent institution overseas;
- have gained a basic level of computer literacy; and
- preferably have two or more years of working experience.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement. Students with higher scores will be favourably considered.
TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
Overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
Score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
Other equivalent qualifications
Core Courses (21 credits)
- Foundations of Information and Electronic Business Systems
- Global Information Systems and Knowledge Management Applications in Organizations
- Global Information Technology & Knowledge Management Consulting
- Information Systems Planning and Strategy
- Information Technology Based Organisation Transformation
- Knowledge Management
- Research Methods for the IS Manager
Selected Electives (a total of 9 credits) ++
- Advanced Business Software Construction
- Business Data Analytics
- Business Software Construction
- Database Management Systems
- eBusiness System Integration
- Enterprise Architecture
- Human-Computer Interaction and Multimedia
- Information Systems Infrastructure and Security Management
- Information Systems Project
- Information Technology Leadership Forum
- Internet and World-Wide Web Application Development
- Management Support and Business Intelligence Systems
- Outsourcing and Offshoring Management
- Project Management and Quality Assurance
- Management Consulting in Asia
- Social Media Applications
- Systems Analysis and Design
++ Student may also take up to 3 credits of electives offered by the departments within College of Business including Accountancy, Economics and Finance, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Management Sciences.
Participants can choose to take a Management Consulting in Asia (spaces are limited) elective in the form of a field study of normally 7 to 8 days outside Hong Kong.
Continuing Education Fund# (CEF): Some courses offered in this programme are eligible for the application of a subsidy from the CEF.
#CEF is only applicable to Hong Kong residents