Programme Aims and Objectives
The programme aims at providing students with advanced knowledge in financial management including financing & investment strategies and risk management.
- hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university; and
- preferably possess more than 1 year of work experience in the industry.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- Score 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
- Overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- Score 490 in the new College English Test (CET-6) of Chinese mainland; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
Students are required to take 8 required core courses (total 24 credit units).
- Corporate Finance
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Financial Econometrics
- Professional Seminars in Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income Securities
- International Financial Management
Students can choose 2 electives (total 6 credit units) from the list below:
- Option Pricing
- Spreadsheet Modeling in Finance
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Credit Risk Management
- Financial Systems, Markets and Instruments
- An elective in the following disciplines offered by the departments of the College of Business to suit students’ interests and career development needs: Accounting, Economics and Finance, Information Systems, Management, Management Science, and Marketing