Programme Aims and Objectives
This programme aims to train students in the core domains of business and cutting-edge information systems that underpin the contemporary information society, so that graduates can excel in careers with professional positions that require both advanced business knowledge and IT-enabled problem solving skills.
Stream B is offered to applicants with an IT/IS background which is expected at intermediate level (i.e. completion of four IT/IS related courses at the undergraduate level); and focuses on developing their capability to integrate IT with business domain knowledge and the associated management skills, so that they boost their ability to meet business needs by leveraging IT/IS applications and managing cutting-edge IT/IS projects.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (internet-based test); or
Overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
Score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
Other equivalent qualifications
Core Courses (18 credits)
- Business Data Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Information Systems Infrastructure and Security Management
- Management Support and Business Intelligence Systems
- Project Management and Quality assurance
Electives (minimum 12 credits)
A wide range of non-IS course electives are available in the Knowledge Nexus Consortium offered by the College of Business and the Department of Information Systems, as approved by the Programme Leader.
- Advanced Business Software Construction
- Blockchain Technology and Business Applications
- Business Software Construction
- eBusiness System Integration
- Foundations of Information and Electronic Business Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction and Multimedia
- Information Systems Planning and Strategy
- Information Systems Project
- Information Technology Based Organisation Transformation
- Information Technology Leadership Forum
- Internet and World-Wide Web Application Development
- Knowledge Management
- Management Consulting in Asia
- Outsourcing and Offshoring Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
Outstanding applicants will be offered with a scholarship or assistantship.
Participants can choose to take a Management Consulting in Asia (spaces are limited) elective in the form of a field study of normally 7 to 8 days outside Hong Kong.
Continuing Education Fund# (CEF): Some courses offered in this programme are eligible for the application of a subsidy from the CEF.
#CEF is only applicable to Hong Kong residents.