Programme Aims and Objectives
This programme is suitable for:
- those who are interested in starting or further developing their business careers in marketing;
- those who intend to improve their analytical skills in making marketing decision;
- those who plan to pursue higher academic qualifications such as a PhD programme;
- those who have a strong background in a professional area (e.g. finance, engineering) but still want to enhance their understanding of customer behaviour and grasp more market opportunities to expand their businesses.
This programme is designed to nurture marketing professionals and entrepreneurs. After completing this programme, students should be able to:
- acquire advanced knowledge of marketing philosophy, principles and techniques;
- develop critical awareness of contemporary strategic marketing issues from international perspectives;
- apply analytical tools including state-of-the-art software commonly used in marketing to respond operationally in dynamic, complex marketing environments and to make sound marketing decisions;
- develop a keen social conscience, through application of high ethical standards in the field of marketing.
- hold a recognized bachelor's degree, or equivalent.
- preferably possess over 2 years of working experience in business.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also meet the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- A score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
- an overall band 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- Score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Mainland China; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
All shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview.
Core Courses (total 18 credit units)
- Marketing Strategy and Planning*
- Consumer/Buyer Behaviour*
- Applied Marketing Research*
- Brand Marketing*
- Advanced Marketing Analytics*
- Marketing Engineering*
* CEF reimbursement courses
Electives # (minimum 12 credit units)
- Strategic Retail Management
- Chinese Business Culture and Marketing
- Financial Services Marketing
- Global Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Game Theory and Strategic Marketing
- Marketing Practicum: Skills & Projects
- Advanced Marketing Practices
Students may also consider taking any other taught postgraduate courses offered by Departments under College of Business as electives; however, course(s) chosen are subject to the Programme Director’s approval (maximum 3 credit units).
# The Elective list will be offered subject to student demand and staffing constraints.
As a major commercial centre in Asia, Hong Kong has provided rich opportunities for graduates equipped with advanced marketing knowledge and techniques. Our ambitious graduates will be equipped to work for a wide range of organizations both in Hong Kong and internationally, in a variety of areas such as marketing management, advertising, marketing research, business consultancy and sales management. Graduates may also pursue PhD studies.