Programme Aims and Objectives
The aim of this programme is to help advance the future career prospects of middle-level accounting and finance managers by furthering their knowledge in advanced accounting and finance topics in line with the contemporary trend in artificial intelligence and financial technology applications, and providing them with opportunities to gain insights on senior leadership attributes and capacity, with the aim of preparing these middle-level managers aspiring for CFO or even higher position in the business context.
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should be able to:
- Define the key roles of an accounting and finance executive and demonstrate the core evaluation and performance index in measuring and assessing success in the organization
- Analyze, formulate and implement corporate financial strategies and demonstrate the impacts on organizational performance
- Integrate and apply accounting and finance knowledge including artificial intelligence and financial technology application skills to solve business problems in the ever-changing business environment
- Apply their acquired knowledge and skills in China business and the global economy
- Inspire and facilitate developmental process to the top management level through leadership development and advanced technology awareness
- Obtained an undergraduate or higher degree in accounting, finance, or other related disciplines** from an institute recognized by our University or equivalent qualification; and
- Obtained 6 or more years of related working experience with at least two years relating to accounting or finance operations at the manager level.
- If a particularly good applicant does not meet the above admission requirements, CityU has the right to consider other outstanding qualities as appropriate, without compromising the quality of the programme.
**For applicants who do not possess an undergraduate or higher degree in accounting or finance, or do not have at least two accounting or finance related subjects embedded within his/her undergraduate or higher degree studies, they are required to have successfully completed and passed 3 to 5 distance learning professional foundation courses of 75 to 125 hours offered by BNAI, depending on the specific circumstances of the applicants.
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Financial Statement Analysis and Strategic Business Valuation
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Strategic Management Accounting and Internal Control
- Tax Planning and Control
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Accounting Ethics
- Chinese Law and Financial Regulations
- Artificial Intelligence Accounting
- CFO and Strategic Business Leaders
- Topical Analysis on Contemporary Chinese Economy
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Merger and Acquisition with Fintech Applications
- Portfolio Management and Security Analysis
- Financial Instruments and Risk Management
- Data Visualization
- Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship
- Blockchain Technology and Business Applications
- Business Data Analytics
- Information Systems Infrastructure and Security Management
Medium of Instruction and Assessment
The programme will be taught in Chinese (Putonghua) supplemented by English.
For details about the programme, please visit website: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ac/mscaf/introduction/