Financial Secretary John Tsang Guest of Honour at EMBAA Charity Ball
The City University of Hong Kong EMBA Association (EMBAA) held its annual dinner at the Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel on 16th April. The theme of this year was Sparkling Charity Ball.
Mr John Tsang Chun-wah, GBM, JP, Financial Secretary of Hong Kong, was invited as the Guest-of-Honour for the event and gave an opening speech. Prof Houmin Yan, Dean of the College of Business, and Ms Alvine Suen , Chairlady of EMBAA and EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee, also gave welcome remarks for the event.
More than 260 guests including the following CityU management, faculty members and members of the EMBAA Charity Trust were invited to the charity ball:
- Prof Matthew Lee, Vice-President (Development & External Relations),CityU
- Prof Horace Ip, Vice-President (Student Affairs), CityU
- Ms Kathy Chan, Associate Vice-President (Development and Alumni Relations), CityU
- Mr Sunny Lee, Vice-President (Administration), CityU
- Mr Herman Hu, Chairman of the CityU Council
- Dr John Leung, Director of the EMBA Programme, College of Business
- Dr Ron Kwok, Assistant Dean (Career Service), College of Business
- Mr Alex Tham, Assistant Dean (Admissions and Promotion for Undergraduate), College of Business
- Prof KK Lai, Chair Professor of Management Science, Department of Management Sciences
- Prof Kai Hin Lim, Chair Professor of Information Technology Innovation and Management, Department of Information Systems, College of Business
- Dr Gang Hao, Associate Professor of the Department of Management Sciences, College of Business and EMBAA Charity Trust Honorary Advisor
- Dr Yong Wang, Associate Professor, Department of Economics and Finance, College of Business
- Ms Alice Chan, Acting Director, Alumni Relations Office, CityU
- Dr Haywood Cheung, EMBAA Charity Trust Honorary Chairman
- Dr Jennifer Cheung, EMBAA Charity Trust Honorary Advisor
- Prof Richard Ho, EMBAA Charity Trust Honorary Advisor
- Mr Ramand Chan, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Mr L C Ho, Vice-Chairman of EMBAA, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Mr Peter Ko, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Mr Bobby Liu, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Ms Cathy Pang, Treasurer of EMBAA, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Mr Eric Su, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
- Ms Marjorie Wan, EMBAA Charity Trust Trustee
The dinner was highlighted by a series of activities such as auction, sharing, performances by renowned artist Mr Philip Chan Yan-kin and pop singer Miss Vicky, and lucky draws.
About the EMBA Association
Established in August 2000, the City University of Hong Kong EMBA Association provides a platform for the EMBA learning partners to share and learn from the experience of other professionals. The Association have more than 250 EMBA alumni, building a very strong network comprising of senior executives and business leaders in Hong Kong.
About the EMBA Association Charity Trust
The City University of Hong Kong EMBA Association Charity Trust（ 香港城市大學行政人員工商管理碩士同學會慈善基金）was founded in 2015. The Trust aims to promote better development of the EMBA Programme, and it will provide scholarships and assist deserving members and students with financial support.
To learn more about the EMBA Association, please visit website.
For details about the inauguration of the EMBA Association Charity Trust, please click CB News.