Why BBA Business Economics?
BBA Business Economics provides solid training in economic strategies for improving business operations, government policies and economic forecasting. Students are open for a wide range of career options, e.g. corporate strategist, management consultant, economist, private banker, investment advisor.
- 職業選擇廣泛 ：企業策略師、管理顧問、經濟學家、私人銀行家、投資顧問
Why BBA Finance?
BBA Finance provides rigorous training in asset valuation, portfolio and risk management, derivative securities, global investment and quantitative methods. The programme prepares you for key financial management positions in business and government sectors.
Why BBA Business Economics / BBA Finance at CityU College of Business?
- BBA Business Economics programme offers you:
- Learn economic strategies for improving business operations, government policies and economic forecasting.
- Wide range of career options: corporate strategist, management consultant, economist, private banker, investment advisor
- BBA Finance programme offers you:
- Learn qualitative and quantitative skills and tools (e.g. Bloomberg, asset valuation, portfolio and risk management) for making financial and investment decisions
- Prepare you for key financial management positions in business and government sectors (e.g. JP Morgan Chase, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, UBS
- College of Business is among the top four business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/About-the-College/Accreditation-and-Rankings/International-Rankings)
- Entrance scholarships up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Opportunity to apply for admission to the Joint Bachelor's Degree Programs between City University of Hong Kong and Columbia University (http://gs.columbia.edu/cityu-hk/), and between City University of Hong Kong and National Taiwan University (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ef/ug/programmes/NTU/)
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are available in over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secured local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Graduates are ready to develop career as corporate strategist, management consultant, economist, private banker, investment advisor and key financial management positions in business and government sectors.
Financial / Insurance : 50%Business Service / Real Estate : 30%
Transport, Storage and Communications : 4%
Admission Arrangements for JUPAS Applicants
JUPAS applicants will be considered for admission to first-year studies at the Department of Economics and Finance. Students will enter a major (current major options: Business Economics; Finance) after one year of study. The top 40% of students# will have a free choice of majors offered by the Department. The other 60% of students will be allocated a major within the Department, subject to the availability of places and the selection criteria set by individual majors.
# based on CGPA with no failed grades and completion of at least 30 credit units including College/Department required courses
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
Department of Economics and Finance (options: BBA Business Economics, BBA Finance)
|Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Besides Category A elective subjects, Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can also be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit https://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
For details of the programme’s curriculum structure, please visit the 'Undergraduate Catalogue'
(Note: The catalogue for the 2021 cohort is for reference only. The 2022 catalogue will be published around July 2022.)
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Rotman International Trading Competition
The Rotman International Trading Competition (RITC) is an annual event that brings teams of students and their faculty advisors from universities worldwide to participate in a unique 3-day simulated market challenge at University of Toronto in Canada. Teams are invited to participate in various activities including electronic and outcry trading cases, seminars with industry practitioners, and social events with their fellow competitors from around the world. For more details, please visit http://ritc.rotman.utoronto.ca/
Inter-University Algo Trading Contest
The contest invites students from renowned universities in Hong Kong and Mainland China to create and test the algo trading strategies. It serves as an ideal platform to transfer industry knowledge and skills to university students. It was initiated with the vision to identify and nurture algo trading talents at top universities; create a platform to access real life trading; and provide top performers with potential career opportunities / startup capital. For more details, please visit http://algocontest.cashalgo.com/
Overseas Summer Programmes
Students may participate in English immersion courses, which include components such as volunteer placements, homestays and cultural activities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA. Service Learning participants also provide voluntary services in less developed areas such as the Philippines, Thailand, Mongolia, Sri Lanka and Laos.
Young Scholars Programme
To nurture BBA students to become outstanding future leaders in the region/world, our Young Scholars Programme offers the following:
- overseas exposure during semester breaks, including study trips to renowned companies and universities;
- internship placements in multinational companies to be arranged locally or overseas;
- networking with top business students admitted locally and overseas;
- professional mentorships provided by professors and professional practitioners; and
- cultivation of social responsibility through community services and voluntary work.
- College of Business Programme information
- Department of Economics and Finance
- College of Business
- Undergraduate Catalogue (The catalogue for the 2021 cohort is for reference only. The 2022 catalogue will be published around July 2022.)
- CityU Scholarships for Hong Kong Talents
- CityU Talents Programme