Business Career Development Advisory Committee appoints two new members
The College of Business of City University of Hong Kong is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Jenny Chiu and Ms Cerlin Ip as our new Business Career Advisory Committee members.
Ms Jenny Chiu, Executive Director and Senior Director – Human Resources of New World Development Company Limited and Non-Executive Director of New World Department Store China Limited, has over 20 years of experience in human resources and corporate management.
Ms Cerlin Ip, Managing Director and Head of Global Corporate Banking of MUFG Bank, has over 28 years of experience in banking, finance and a strong record of accomplishments in corporate banking. Ms Ip was previously in relationship management at HSBC and Citi.
To support our students in career development, the Business Career Advisory Committee was established in 2018. It brings in a group of accomplished, committed, and experienced industry professionals from diversified industries who are passionate and dedicated in advising and recommending strategies to the college in career placements and development.
Professor Albert Ip, Chairman of the Business Career Development Advisory Committee, said, “2022 will be an extremely challenging market for job placements and it is timely to strengthen our strong Career Development Advisory Committee by adding two accomplished leaders in their respective fields. We look forward to their wisdom and counsel to support our students in student development, career counseling and job placements.”
The College welcomes our new members Ms Chiu and Ms Ip to the Advisory Committee.
Below is the list of current members of the Business Career Advisory Committee.
Professor Kim Jeong Bon, Acting Dean, College of Business
Professor Albert Ip, Independent Nonexecutive Director of New World Development Company
Professor Stephen Shum, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programmes, College of Business
Members (in alphabetical order):
- Ms Dora Cheung, Managing Director, Ultra High Net Worth, UBS AG
- Ms Jenny Chiu, Executive Director and Senior Director - Human Resources, New World Development Company Limited
- Mr Benny Chung, Co-Chief Executive Officer, China Tonghai Capital Limited
- Mr Edmund Ho, Managing Director, Regional Head, Commercial Real Estate, Greater China & North Asia, Standard Chartered Bank (HK) Limited
- Ms Cerlin Ip, Managing Director and Head of Global Corporate Banking, MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Mr Bruce Lam, Managing Director, Consumer Mobile, CSL Mobile Limited
- Mr Timothy Lee, Managing Director, Head of Transaction Banking Greater China, BNP Paribas
- Mr Howard Lo, Executive Director and Senior Vice President (Sales and Operations), Crystal International Group Limited
- Mr Francis Tong, Former Group Human Resources Director at Hutchison Port Holdings
- Professor Weiquan Wang, Associate Dean of Research and Faculty, College of Business
- Ms Ada Wong, Executive Director, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Investment Officer, EC Healthcare
Ms Jenny Chiu
Ms Cerlin Ip