College of Business held the inauguration ceremony of its College International Advisory Board (CIAB) on 22 October 2009. The establishment of the board marked another big step forward for the College's internationalisation drive since its accreditation by both AACSB International and EQUIS.
CIAB comprises luminaries from the business world and leading academics. CIAB acts as a steering force on internationalisation and helps CB gain external, expert inputs on its internationalisation drive, as well as offering strategic advice on the ways of strengthening the College's ties with local business.
Terms of Reference
The College International Advisory Board shall provide advice to the College Dean on matters which are pertinent to the development of the College as a globally-oriented business school, including:
- advise on matters which affect policy, goals and strategies for internationalisation within the College;
- consider strategic opportunities in the international education market, and recommend for policy direction for the development of international programmes within the College;
- identify suitable overseas academic institutions and business corporations as strategic partners that will contribute to the College’s internationalisation process (including international education partnerships, research collaboration, and business consultancy);
- consider the unique needs of international students and outgoing students joining exchange and internship programmes, and formulate schemes to better support their studies;
- review and advise on quality assurance mechanisms in relation to the College’s internationalisation efforts.
Prof Christopher S TANG
Edward Carter Professor of Business Administration
UCLA Anderson School
Membership during September 2009 – August 2012
Professor Sir James A. MIRRLEES
Distinguished Professor-at-Large and Master of Morningside College,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Membership during September 2009 – April 2018
Mr LI Rongrong
Former Chairman of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council, PRC (2003-2010);
Vice Chairman of China Center for International Economic Exchanges, PRC
Membership during September 2013 – December 2019