Business made Smart with Information Systems (IS)
Why Study BBA Information Management? BBA Information Management (IFMG) nurtures students to become smart business professionals.
IFMG IS Smart Double Major
Our students have great flexibilities to complete a double major degree in Information Management and in Accounting, Finance or Marketing. Local core industries, such as financial services, professional services, logistics and trading services, are being transformed by big data and artificial intelligence (AI). Our graduates have outstanding opportunities to play a major role in this digital transformation process.
IFMG IS Smart Innovation
Our students gain the knowledge and skills to apply modern information systems (e.g., AI, big data and cloud services) to business innovations. They can participate in a one-week Smart Business Study Tour to Stanford University and visit AAAF companies (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet and Facebook) in Silicon Valley, or join a one-month Smart Business Project Tour for visits and work experience in FinTech and/or BAT companies (Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent) closer to home.
IFMG IS Smart Business
Our students gain a business mindset from exposure to new IS business strategies and Internet business models. They will gain the knowledge and skills to analyse high-growth technology companies and make wise investment decisions. They will also gain good communication and project management skills that will qualify them for project management jobs in multinational companies.
IFMG IS Smart Choice
Our students have opportunities to conduct undergraduate research or consulting projects with faculty members in the largest IS department in Hong Kong and one of the best IS department in the world for research productivity . The Department provides Smart Business scholarships to support our undergraduate students in regional and international business competitions. Our students make business smart with information systems.
IFMG IS Smart Future
Our graduates begin their careers as business analysts, data scientists, IT auditors, systems analysts and programmers in global banks, consulting and technology firms, such as HSBC, BOC, PWC, Apple, Alibaba, Facebook, Google and IBM.
In 2018, 99% of our graduates were hired immediately after graduation and 1% went overseas for further studies. The highest, average and lowest monthly salaries of BBA Information Management graduates were HK$24K, HK$18K and HK$13K, respectively.
 Research Ranking of the Association for Information Systems (www.aisnet.org)
Why BBA Information Management at CityU College of Business?
- BBA Information Management offers you:
- Smart Financial Services, Auditing and Internet Services
- Social media, mobile apps, big data/artificial intelligence and cloud services for business innovations
- Flexibilities of choosing streams from Business Intelligence (BI), Information Systems Auditing (ISA), Internet Services and Social Networks (ISSN), and Data Informatics (DI).
- Flexibility to take a double major in BBA Information Management and Accounting, BBA Information Management and Finance, BBA Information Management and Marketing or BBA Information Management and Business Analysis.
- To support the Government’s Smart City Blueprint for the better future of Hong Kong, the BBA Information Management aims to equip students with competent knowledge and skills of applying innovative technologies for business innovation, our students change the way of doing business in Hong Kong and the region.
- The Department of Information Systems is committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with careers of the future. We support our students to choose a second major in the College of Business.
- College of Business is among the top four business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/aboutus/recognition/rankings/)
- Entrance scholarships up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 28 are guaranteed free choice of BBA majors (except JS1000) by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 30 are guaranteed free choice of 2nd BBA major by the end of year 1 (JS1001 and JS1018 are excluded from the 2nd major choices) ((https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are available in over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secure local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
|JS1019 BBA Information Management||Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Regularly, we organize “Internet+” study tours to visit new economic companies like AAAF (Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook) in USA and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent) in China. We are committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with great careers of the future.
Please visit the following website for the detailed curriculum:
JS1017 Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (BDIS)
JS1018 BBA Global Business Systems Management (GBSM)
Department of Information Systems
CityU Talents Programme
Undergraduate Catalogue (The catalogue for the 2021 cohort is for reference only. The 2022 catalogue will be published around July 2022.)