Why BBA Information Management?
BBA Information Management (IFMG) aims to nurture smart business professionals.
IFMG IS Double Advantage
BBA IFMG is a multidiscipline major in nature, and our students will have great flexibilities of first majoring in Information Management and second majoring in functional industry sectors like Accounting, Finance or Marketing within the four year university study period. Local pillar Industries like financial services, professional services, logistic and trading services are transformed by modern information systems with big data and artificial intelligence. It provides a great opportunity for our graduates to play a major role in this transformation process.
IFMG IS Cutting-edge
Our students will be equipped with competent knowledge and skills of applying modern information systems (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Cloud Services) for business innovations. They can participate in the Department organized one-week Smart Business Study Tour to Stanford University and visit AAAF (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, and Facebook) companies in Silicon Valley, USA, or join one-month Smart Business Project Tour to have visits and work experience in FinTech and/or BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent) companies in the region.
IFMG IS Smart Business
Our students will also have business mind-sets as you will be exposed to new information system business strategies and Internet business models. You will have knowledge and skills to analyze high growth technology companies and make wise investment decisions. You will also have good communication and project management skills so as to be qualified for project management jobs in multi-national companies.
IFMG IS a Smart Choice
Hosted by the largest Information Systems department in Hong Kong and one of the best in research productivity in the world , our students can have options to do undergraduate research with faculty members in the Department. The Department provides Smart Business Scholarship to support our undergraduate students for regional and international business competitions. Our students make business smart with information systems.
IFMG IS Future -- -- Career Prospects
Our graduates kick start their career as business analysts, data scientists, IT auditors, system analysts and programmers in global banks, consulting, and technology firms (e.g., HSBC, BOC, PWC, Apple, Alibaba, Facebook, Google, IBM, etc.).
In 2018, 99% of our graduates found jobs immediately after graduation, another 1% of graduates went overseas for further studies. The highest, average, and lowest monthly salaries of our graduates from BBA Information Management were 24K, 18K, and 13K, respectively.
 Research Ranking of the Association for Information Systems (www.aisnet.org)
Why BBA Information Management at CityU College of Business?
- BBA Information Management offers you:
- Smart Financial Services, Auditing and Internet Services
- Social media, mobile apps, big data/artificial intelligence and cloud services for business innovations
- Flexibilities of choosing streams from Business Intelligence (BI), Information Systems Auditing (ISA), Internet Services and Social Networks (ISSN), and Data Informatics (DI).
- Flexibility to take a double major in BBA Information Management and Accounting, BBA Information Management and Finance, BBA Information Management and Marketing or BBA Information Management and Business Analysis.
- To support the Government’s Smart City Blueprint for the better future of Hong Kong, the BBA Information Management aims to equip students with competent knowledge and skills of applying innovative technologies for business innovation, our students change the way of doing business in Hong Kong and the region.
- The Department of Information Systems is committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with careers of the future. We support our students to choose a second major in the College of Business.
- College of Business is among the top four business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/aboutus/recognition/rankings/)
- Entrance scholarships up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 28 are guaranteed free choice of BBA majors (except JS1000) by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 30 are guaranteed free choice of 2nd BBA major by the end of year 1 (JS1001 and JS1018 are excluded from the 2nd major choices) ((https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are available in over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secure local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
|JS1019 BBA Information Management||Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Regularly, we organize “Internet+” study tours to visit new economic companies like AAAF (Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook) in USA and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent) in China. We are committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with great careers of the future.
JS1017 Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (BDIS)
JS1018 BBA Global Business Systems Management (GBSM)
Department of Information Systems
Undergraduate Catalogue (The catalogue for the 2019 cohort is for reference only. The 2020 catalogue will be published around July 2020.)