Business made Smart with Information Systems (IS)
Why Study BBA Global Business Systems Managment? BBA Global Business Systems Management (GBSM) aims to nurture students to be smart business managers.
GBSM IS Smart Global
The best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Two semester-long exchange to recognised universities in US, Europe and/or Asia encourage our students to develop a global mindset. Enjoy a flexible curriculum and choose courses during your exchange that match your own interests and needs.
GBSM IS Smart Tech
Our students develop a technology mindset as they learn how modern information systems such as AI, big data and cloud services are transforming the business world. You can participate in a week-long Smart Business Study Tour to Stanford University and visit AAAF (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet and Facebook) companies in Silicon Valley or join one-month Smart Business Project Tour for visits and work experience in FinTech and/or BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent) companies closer to home.
GBSM IS Smart Business
Our students also develop a business mindset as they learn about new IS business strategies and Internet business models. You will gain the knowledge and skills to analyse high-growth technology companies and make wise investment decisions. You will also develop good communication and project management skills and be ready for management trainee jobs in multinational companies.
GBSM IS a Smart Choice
Hosted by the largest IS department in Hong Kong and one of the best in research productivity in the world , our students have opportunities to conduct research with faculty members in the Department. The Department provides Smart Business scholarships to support our undergraduate students in regional and international business competitions. Our students make business smart with information systems.
GBSM IS the Future: Career Prospects
Our graduates start their careers as management trainees and business analysts in global banks, consulting and technology firms such as HSBC, BOC, PWC, Apple, Alibaba, Facebook, Google and IBM.
In 2018, 94% of our graduates found jobs immediately after graduation and 6% of our graduates went overseas for further studies. The highest and average monthly salaries of our graduates from BBA Global Business Systems Management were approximately 38K and 24K, respectively. Their average salary was 36% higher than that of BBA graduates of the Business College.
 Research Ranking of the Association for Information Systems (www.aisnet.org)
Why BBA Global Business Systems Management at CityU College of Business?
- BBA Global Business Systems Management programme offers you:
- Global Business + Internet Technologies = Smart Technology Business Investors and Global Business Managers
- Two exchange studies (in Europe/America/ Asia-Pacific region)
- Learn from and join Internet giants like AAAF (Alphabet/Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook) and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent)
- The Department of Information Systems is committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with careers of the future. We support our students to choose a second major in the College of Business.
- College of Business is among the top four business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/aboutus/recognition/rankings/)
- Entrance scholarships up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 28 are guaranteed free choice of BBA majors (except JS1000) by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 30 are guaranteed free choice of 2nd BBA major by the end of year 1 (JS1001 and JS1018 are excluded from the 2nd major choices) ((https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are available in over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secure local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
|JS1018 BBA Global Business Systems Management||Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Regularly, we organize “Internet+” study tours to visit new economic companies like AAAF (Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook) in USA and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent) in China. We are committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with great careers of the future.
Please visit the following website for the detailed curriculum: