Why BBA Global Business Systems Management?
BBA Global Business Systems Management (GBSM) aims to nurture students to be smart business managers.
GBSM IS Smart Global
The best way to experience the world is to go for it. Two semester-long exchange to recognized universities in US, Europe and/or Asia means our students will have a global mindset to business. Enjoy Flexible curriculum as you are free to choose courses during your exchange to tailor to your own interest and needs.
GBSM IS Smart Tech
Our students will have technology mind-sets as you will learn how modern information systems (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Cloud Services [ABC]) are transforming the business world today. You can participate in the one week Smart Business Study Tour to Stanford University and visit AAAF (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet and Facebook) companies in Silicon Valley, USA, or join one month Smart Business Project Tour to have visits and work experience in FinTech and/or BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent) companies in the region.
GBSM IS Smart Business
Our students will also have business mind-sets as you will be exposed to new information system business strategies and Internet business models. You will have knowledge and skills to analyze high growth technology companies and make wise investment decisions. You will also have good communication and project management skills so as to be qualified for management trainee jobs in multi-national companies.
GBSM IS a Smart Choice
Hosted by the largest Information Systems department in Hong Kong and one of the best in research productivity in the world , our students can have options to do undergraduate research with faculty members in the Department. The Department provides Smart Business Scholarship to support our undergraduate students for regional and international business competitions. Our students make business smart with information systems.
GBSM IS Future -- -- Career Prospects
Our graduates kick start their career as management trainees and business analysts in global banks, consulting, and technology firms (e.g., HSBC, BOC, PWC, Apple, Alibaba, Facebook, Google, IBM, etc.).
In 2018, 94% of our graduates found jobs immediately after graduation, another 6% of graduates went overseas for further studies. The highest and average monthly salaries of our graduates from BBA Global Business Systems Management were about 38K and 24K, respectively. Their average salary was 36% higher than that of average BBA graduates in the Business College.
 Research Ranking of the Association for Information Systems (www.aisnet.org)
Why BBA Global Business Systems Management at CityU College of Business?
- BBA Global Business Systems Management programme offers you:
- Global Business + Internet Technologies = Smart Technology Business Investors and Global Business Managers
- Two exchange studies (in Europe/America/ Asia-Pacific region)
- Learn from and join Internet giants like AAAF (Alphabet/Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook) and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent)
- The Department of Information Systems is committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with careers of the future. We support our students to choose a second major in the College of Business.
- College of Business is among the top four business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/aboutus/recognition/rankings/)
- Entrance scholarships up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 28 are guaranteed free choice of BBA majors (except JS1000) by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores at or above 30 are guaranteed free choice of 2nd BBA major by the end of year 1 (JS1001 and JS1018 are excluded from the 2nd major choices) ((https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are available in over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secure local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
|JS1018 BBA Global Business Systems Management||Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit http://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Regularly, we organize “Internet+” study tours to visit new economic companies like AAAF (Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook) in USA and BAT (Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent) in China. We are committed to nurture smart people for smart business, with great careers of the future.
Please visit the following website for the detailed curriculum:
(Note: The catalogue for the 2019 cohort is for reference only. The 2020 catalogue will be published around July 2020.)
JS1017 Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (BDIS)
JS1019 BBA Information Management (IFMG)
Department of Information Systems
Undergraduate Catalogue (The catalogue for the 2019 cohort is for reference only. The 2020 catalogue will be published around July 2020.)