|Indicative Intake Target||
70-80 (JUPAS and non-JUPAS government-funded places)
|Normal Duration of Programme||4 years|
|Tuition Fee||HK$42,100 per year [Details]|
Dr Vincent FOK
DBA (University of South Australia)
+852 3442 7973 (Phone)
+852 3442 0346 (Fax)
Mr Alex THAM
MBA (University of Exeter)
+852 3442 7851 (Phone)
+852 3442 0346 (Fax)
Why BBA Marketing
CityU BBA Marketing stands out from other BBA and Marketing programmes by providing a pioneering approach that consists of:
• “i-Marketing +” - Practical and Digital Marketing-orientedWith its discovery-enriched curriculum design, students in CityU Marketing interact and connect with world-class professors, top business leaders, experienced alumni, and executives from partner companies. They are strong in teamwork, presentation, problem solving, and communication with people of different backgrounds and cultures. As key technologies and trends will drive changes in the marketing industry, our various digital marketing courses are set to prepare students for facing the challenges of the digital marketing environment.
Marketing Analytics are powerful tools to maximize the effectiveness of marketing efforts’ and optimize their returns. With analytics, resources are used more efficiently, and wastage is minimized. This new curriculum equips our students to comprehend the output of various analytics tools, and then to use the insights generated from these tools in formulating the best marketing strategies.
• Design Thinking
Design Thinking involves creative strategies to resolve issues. This is a powerful process for developing innovative solutions to problems. Our pioneering curriculum is the first in Hong Kong to integrate knowledge of marketing with design thinking, and to prepare our graduates for leading the teams that design or re-design brands, or that reinvent the offline/online user experience for customers.
巿場營銷學系提出嶄新的「i-Marketing + Analytics / Design Thinking」培訓概念，致力於培育營銷專才及商業領袖：
• i-Marketing+ ：
• Analytics / Design Thinking ：課程強調運用多種分析工具和軟件，強化學生掌握大數據的能力，準確尋找市場機會，提高策略的命中率；另一方面課程亦訓練學生以「設計思考」尋求創新營商方案，提高市場創造力。
Why BBA Marketing at CityU College of Business?
- The CityU BBA Marketing programme not only provides students with an interactive Internet-related learning environment and international exposure, but also with practical opportunities through which they can address real business issues by working collaboratively with local and global companies and peers. Students can combine classroom learning with on-site internships by working in top companies. CityU BBA Marketing is your best choice, setting you apart from other marketing graduates in the industry.
- The College of Business is among the top three business schools in Asia (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/aboutus/recognition/rankings/)
- Entrance scholarships of up to HK$265,000 are available for elite students (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/scholarships)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores of 28 or above are guaranteed free switching of their BBA majors by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Students with non-weighted 4 core and 2 best elective scores of 30 or above are guaranteed a free choice of their 2nd BBA major by the end of year 1 (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements/)
- Overseas exchange and summer programmes are offered at over 200 partner universities around the globe! (https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/exchange)
- Over 80% of students secure local and global internship opportunities in areas including banking, accounting, IT and consulting.
Marketing careers are not only exciting and rewarding, but can also lead to top management positions. Marketing is an ideal field for those who enjoy working in teams and formulating strategies for company growth.
We will prepare you for entry-level managerial positions in marketing. Equipped with a strong theoretical background, excellent communication and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of local and global business practices, you will be a popular candidate in the field. We will also help to build your confidence in facing business challenges in Hong Kong, mainland China and the global market.
ProLink, the first networking and learning activity jointly organised by the Department of Marketing and the CityU Department of Marketing Alumni Association, was successfully held on 20 February 2016 in Academic 3, CityU. A total of 37 students and 11 alumni attended the event.
We invited Mr Spencer Wong, CEO and Chief Creative Officer of McCann & Spencer, to share his experience in the Advertising and Media industry with the participants. Refreshments were arranged after the talk to provide a platform for students and alumni to network with each other and with the guest speaker.
Entrance Requirements for JUPAS Applicants
|JUPAS Catalogue No. and Title||
Minimum Level Required
|Eng. Lang.||Chi. Lang.||Mathematics||Liberal Studies||
|Level 3||Level 3||Level 3||Level 2||Level 3||Level 3|
- Besides Category A elective subjects, Mathematics extended modules (M1/M2) and “other languages” (at grade E or above) can also be used to meet the elective requirement. If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
- For details of the alternative Chinese Language qualifications acceptable by the University for Non-Chinese Speaking (NCS) students, please visit https://www.admo.cityu.edu.hk/jupas/entreq/bd.
For details, please visit: https://www.cb.cityu.edu.hk/ug/admissions/apply/requirements
A Different Learning Experience
Company Consultancy Project
We emphasise current issues in Marketing and provide ample learning opportunities for students to gain professional competence and create their own success stories. Our students work as professional consultants and their tasks involve understanding consumer buying behaviour, analysing key competitors and formulating creative and cost-effective marketing strategies, to explore new business opportunities.
2016 – Swire Foods Holdings Limited 太古食品控股有限公司 and Dongguan Yishion Group Co Ltd 東莞巿以純集團有限公司
2015 – Swire Foods Holdings Limited 太古食品控股有限公司
2014 – Shenzhen ACTO Culture Technology Group 深圳雅圖文化科技集團
2013 – Xiao Nan Guo Holdings Limited 小南國
2012 – Shenzhen Good Family Enterprise Co. Ltd. 深圳市好家庭實業有限公司
2011 – Shenzhen Yitian Real Estate Group Co. Ltd. 深圳市益田集團股份有限公司
2010 – Essence Securities Co. Ltd. 安信証券股份有限公司
2009 – A. Best Chain Store Co. Ltd. 新一佳超市有限公司
2008 – Shenzhen Helu Catering Management Co. Ltd. 深圳禾綠回轉壽司飲食有限公司
2007 – Shenzhen Splendid China Development Co. Ltd. 深圳錦繡中華發展有限公司
2006 – Shenzhen Xiaomeisha Sea World 深圳小梅沙海洋世界
2005 – Shenzhen Changjiang Furniture Co. Ltd. 深圳長江家具有限公司
2004 – Noposion Pesticides Co. Ltd. 深圳諾普信農化股份有限公司
The Company Consultancy Projects are well recognised in the industry and widely reported in the media. All of the participating companies highly commend the students for their creativity and presentation skills. Every year, many outstanding students have received “Company Consultancy Project Awards” for their innovative strategies and contributions.
Our students gain rich work experience through internship programmes, which include the Disney Cultural Exchange and Business Practice Internships organised by the College of Business. They enjoy the numerous opportunities offered to them in prominent advertising firms and in the marketing departments of global brands.
Business Leader Forum
To provide students with a more concrete and in-depth understanding of the real business environment, we regularly invite marketing professionals and business leaders from different sectors to share their unique work experiences and success stories with students. Dinner events with the speakers are arranged, to provide students with valuable opportunities to interact with business leaders. Past guest speakers include Mr Wing-Ching Shih (Founder of Centraline Property Agency Limited), Ms Ming Chan (General Manager of Hong Kong Airlines) and Ms Lily Au (Managing Director of General Mills Hong Kong and Taiwan).
Mr Kunal Parwani
Head, Business Risk & Capital Management, Commercial Banking, HSBC Singapore
“The Marketing Programme has equipped me with the skills and knowledge necessary to embark on an illustrious career. The many academic and co-curricular opportunities, combined with the unfailing support and guidance from the Department’s renowned academics, provide a platform enabling ambitious students to excel and to realise their dreams”.
Mr Vincent Ha
Nimbus Insight Limited
“I really enjoyed the courses in CityU Marketing, and the lecturers were very good at both equipping us with the necessary knowledge in business and marketing and helping us to plan our careers. The most impressive thing about this programme is that all students have the chance to practise their marketing skills in the real business world during the final year projects. It was a valuable experience, and we worked with senior executives from multinational corporations. I am proud to be an alumnus of CityU Marketing”.
Ms Sherry Cheung
Ad Hoc Marketing Communication Limited
“Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone in the Department of Marketing. The professors and lecturers in the programme inspired me in terms of entrepreneurship, creativity and business ethics. Equipped with this valuable knowledge, I started my second business in sustainable education and kids’ soccer training, and now I am the Principal of the school. My first business was a marketing agency that I ran for 13 years”.
Co-curricular Activities and Learning Support
Overseas Summer Programmes
Students may participate in English immersion courses, which include components such as volunteer placements, homestays and cultural activities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA. Service Learning participants also provide voluntary services in less developed areas such as the Philippines, Thailand, Mongolia, Sri Lanka and Laos.
Young Scholars Programme
To nurture BBA students to become outstanding future leaders in the region/world, our Young Scholars Programme offers the following:
- overseas exposure during semester breaks, including study trips to renowned companies and universities;
- internship placements in multinational companies to be arranged locally or overseas;
- networking with top business students admitted locally and overseas;
- professional mentorships provided by academics and practitioners; and
- the development of social responsibility through community services and voluntary work.
Please visit the website for the detailed curriculum.